Thursday, June 14, 2012

Piccioni a Firenze



Florence may be packed to the brim with tourists, but there are still plenty of locals to be found flying about the crowded piazzas. After a little more than a week in Florence, I've decided that the city actually belongs to the pigeons---who all seem to live in little alcoves carved into the sides of buildings, and may or may not be plotting a hostile takeover sometime in the near future. In an attempt to better understand this particular breed of locals, I've taken to pigeon sketching in some of my free time. Following the same "Rules of Cuteness" that must have dictated the character design of Ratatouille and Perry the Platypus, I've discovered that even pigeons can look cute when painted in friendly blues. If I can find the time, I just may storyboard a short film starring these true Firenze locals.




No comments:

Post a Comment