Thursday, May 24, 2012

Bon Voyage


In a mere few hours, I'll be on my way to what's sure to become one of the most memorable and enriching summers of my life---10 weeks divided among Europe's greatest artistic capitals, traveling with a group of fellow art-persons determined to take in everything Europe has to offer.

I arrive in Rome tomorrow to meet up with the rest of the CIS "Grand Tour: Art in Europe" squadron, and from there, it promises to be nothing but non-stop artsy action. Two days in Rome will be followed by three weeks in Florence, drawing in the sun by the Duomo. Then it's off to Paris for a month of painting in the open air. From there, we'll hit London for a few nights (during the Olympics, no less), and then spend a final week-and-a-half museum-hopping between Liverpool and Glasgow.

It goes without saying that I couldn't be more excited for the adventures that lay ahead. So instead of saying it, I figured I'd just draw a picture to express my anticipation. Be sure to check back often for lots of updates from abroad!

1 comment:

  1. I demand a baguette in your hand when I meet you.

    Will you ever be in the south of france/near the french/spain border in your trip?

    ReplyDelete